Company History

Neapco's distinguished history begins soon after the invention of the automobile. Originally the New England Auto Products Corporation of Hartford, Connecticut, the trademark of Neapco was adopted in 1924 and the company moved its universal joint manufacturing to Pottstown, Pennsylvania, a few years later.

Continually expanding product lines, markets and capabilities.

In the 1930s, the company became a key supplier of universal joints and shafts to the farm implement market. During World War II Neapco redirected its resources to supply the U.S. Navy with projectiles and pin & block universal joints ā€” becoming one of the first companies to receive the Navy ā€œEā€ award for excellence. Over the next two decades industrial joints and shafts and heavy-duty driveline components for over-the-highway trucks were added to the product line.

Opened in 1981, Neapco's Beatrice, Nebraska, facility has undergone four major expansions to accommodate manufacturing for CV joints and drivelines, universal joints and a complete line of driveline components.

Competing in the global market

Today Neapco is one of the most dynamic suppliers to OEM manufacturers and the worldwide automotive industry.

In 2006, Neapco opened a manufacturing facility in Saltillo, Mexico to provide a local supply source for Chrysler. In January 2008, Neapco acquired Ford Motor Company's driveshaft manufacturing business in North America. Neapco Drivelines, as it is now known, operates a 350,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing and technical center in suburban Detroit for the design and production of OEM propshafts/driveshafts. In July 2010, Neapco acquired all Tedrive operations in Poland and Germany to manufacture sideshafts/halfshafts, differentials, suspension springs and aluminum die castings. And in 2011, Neapco opened a business office in Shanghai, China, to better serve customers and work with suppliers throughout Asia.

Positioned for future growth

Neapco is poised to meet your driveline requirements now and in the future. The company continues to be led by its experienced group of managing partners and is strengthened by considerable financial resources, substantial industry knowledge and a sterling reputation. Neapco has the capabilities and expertise to respond quickly to the changing marketplace while exceeding customer expectations for innovative driveline solutions.

A LEGACY OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION DRIVEN BY INNOVATIVE DRIVELINE SOLUTIONS

  • 1924

    Company Established as New England Auto Products Corporation

  • 1928

    Purchased by D.K. Bullens; Moved to Pottstown, Pennsylvania

  • 1981

    Opened Beatrice, Nebraska Facilty

  • 2003

    Neapco Acquired by The Carlyle Group

  • 2006

    Neapco Management and Wanxiang Group Purchase Neapco, Form Neapco LLC; Opened Manufacturing Facility, Saltillo, Mexico

  • 2008

    Acquires Ford Motor Company's Driveshaft Manufacturing Business; Opened Manufacturing Facility, Belleville, Michigan

  • 2010

    Acquires Tedrive's Operations in Dueren, Germany and Praszka, Poland

  • 2011

    Opens Asia Business Office, Shanghai, China

+ -